Check Out These Pages

December 30, 2013

Making Brussels Sprouts edible?


Oven Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts...

What's not to like???? And this is from a gal who "doesn't like Brussels Sprouts"!

Yield: 6 Servings

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
3 tablespoons good olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400°F. Trim the stem ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Toss them in a large bowl with oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet and roast, stirring occasionally until deep golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Sprinkle with additional kosher salt if desired.

H/T to Sweet Pea's Kitchen for this recipe!

Follow Me on Pinterest

9 comments:

  1. I love Brussel sprouts but would love to try this one. It sounds so good. I will be trying this soon trust me,
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love brussel sprouts. I make this way also and nothing is better............wonderful way to serve and enjoy this vegetable................Thanks, Andi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, that's the way we like them, even my non brussel sprout eating husband!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good recipe... we've done them this way for years. Honestly, though, my kids LOVE brussels sprouts! They will eat them from frozen, but if I bring them home fresh... well, you'd think it was candy! I remember when my 12 year old daughter was 3 and we were getting some fresh ones from the store and she was in the front of the cart clapping her hands and sing-songing happily "Mama bought me brussels sprouts! Mama bought me brussels sprouts!" .... needless to say, I got some weird looks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound really good. We have been eating brussel sprouts a lot lately. I have found a crock pot recipe I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE roasted brussels sprouts in olive oil, garlic and a little balsamic!!! MMMMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic I've recently become a brussel sprouts addict and love them roasted. i've considered trying them with garlic now i think i will

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like BS, but my husband doesn't;I wonder if he'd like these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look like squirrel brains.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for comment moderation, but find it necessary in order to eliminate spam.

Thank you for your visit. I read every comment and value both your visit and your thoughts. Please stop by every Tuesday and share your favorite photos.