Check Out These Pages

February 10, 2013

What do we do with the "why"?

Take a look at the news - in whatever format you follow it - and you're almost certain to wind up shaking your head in despair at the headlines. Although it's most assuredly true that the media stresses the sensational and downplays any good news in order to attract the maximum number of readers, there's no shortage of sad or sensational stories to tell. And here's the response I hear so often:


The other day, I ran across a serious quote from the late comedienne Lily Tomlin that has stuck with me ever since:


When taken in conjunction with the last bit of clipart, Tomlin's thought can certainly provide a bit of food for thought.

I recognize that there was nothing I would have been able to do to prevent the tragedy in Sandy Hook Elementary School in December 2012. But I cannot allow that to make me feel powerless to improve the world around me in some way...  because, in the end, I'm going to have to answer for what I've done with the time, talent, and treasure I've been given.


Fit thought: Life has no remote... Get up and chafe it yourself!


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

I apologize for comment moderation, but find it necessary in order to eliminate spam.

Thank you for your visit. I read every comment and value both your visit and your thoughts. Please stop by every Tuesday and share your favorite photos.