Check Out These Pages

July 12, 2011

Welcome to Wordless Wednesday







Go for a ride in the country, and there's no telling what you'll find. This guy looks pretty surprised to see me, too! I'm sharing him at SOOC Saturday, SOOC Sunday, Texture Thursday. I'm also sharing him at Live Every Moment and as my day 12 homework for 30 Days of Simply SLR, which dealt with using negative space effectively when composing a shot.



Not far from this fine feathered fellow, I found a dilapidated but picturesque old barn. I'm sharing that at Barn Charm.







The next two critters were taken at home. We've been feeding the birds, but watching the squirrel's antics as he tries to find a way to "raid the refrigerator" is really a hoot. The first is being shared at Wordless, Not So Wordless, or Wonderful Wednesday, Outdoor Wednesday, and Wordless Wednesday.





































In this next shot, however, Mr. Squirrel seems to be cogitating about his next foray on the feeder.




Only 3 shots left... Hang in there!



I've edited the next barn I saw on my travels into a black and white version, tinkering a bit with brightness and contrast as well. I like the edited version best - how about you? I'm sharing these at Edit Me and Black and White Wednesday.





And last but not least, I can't resist this one, which I'm sharing at Today is Rednesday:

When we say STOP... we really mean it! I'm sharing this one at Show Us Your Town Hop.





28 comments:

  1. Well, that title really caught my attention! Pretty pictures today, except the tank - I've yet to see a pretty tank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to meet you NC Sue. I'm SC Annette.
    Great shots, the last one is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shots.

    I played too. Mine are here and here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. uhhh... your town has a tank near a stop sign? Is it guarding some military or government building? Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive collection of photos.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your shot of the bird. It's not easy to shoot it in action. Lovely photos, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Interesting, Love it! Nice site, I will be sure to come back to visit! Check out JULY 2011 BLOG HOP over at www.reasonablyless we would love for you to link up!

    Rachel
    www.reasonablyless.com
    “Mommy freebies, coupons and Advice on using coupons”

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for letting us share some of the interesting things you have around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the barn and bird!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Just stopping by. Following you from the Catch a Wave Wednesday. Would love a visit and follow back on my blog: blog.writerslairbooks.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol, the stop sign and tank together- hilarious!

    That last barn came out great in b&w. :-)

    I'm a new follower (GFC) here from Friendly Wednesday, glad to "meet" you. :-)

    Laura @ The Frugal Kitchen

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just hopped over. Followed your blog. Beautiful pics! Melissa
    www.melsdeals.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the first photo! What an interesting bird! Great b&w edit on the barn, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really like your edit of the barn in black and white, turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all your photos. A pleasure to find you thru Live Every Moment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all great nature photos! I really like the action in the bird photo! Wow!! Also, did I miss your lesson learned?? Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing it since I love to hear what everyone learns!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Once again some great pics! Thank you also for linking up for Footloose and Fancy Free this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great captures, love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! Just stopping by. Following you from Super Stalker Sunday Blog Hop. Would love a visit and a follow back on my blog: http://blog.writerslairbooks.com. Thanks! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are some awesome pictures! The squirrel one is my favorite! To jump or not to jump...:) Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi!

    Thanks so much for linking up with Super Stalker Sunday hop. There are several wonderful blogs participating this week, you're certain to find a few new favorites!

    I look forward to reading more from you!

    Your Co-Host,
    Emily from Nap Time Is My Time

    P.S. - I've recently switched from blogger to WordPress and had some issues when transferring the GFC widget. I'd really appreciate if you could double check to ensure you're following me!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love to know the history of your barn...it is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great old barn! There's something about a dilapidated barn that always draws me in.

    ReplyDelete
  24. looks like one strong wind will knock this poor old barn right over!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dilapidated, but picturesque is definitely the way to describe this beauty! Thanks for linking her up to Barn Charm! =)

    ReplyDelete
  26. You have the most gorgeous and impressive photos! I wish I could master "moving" subjects. I've struggled with this since I started taking photos. It seems you have already mastered this task.

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for comment moderation, but find it necessary in order to eliminate spam.

Thank you for your visit. I read every comment and value both your visit and your thoughts. Please stop by every Tuesday and share your favorite photos.