Check Out These Pages

July 4, 2011

30 Days of Simply SLR: Days 3 and 4


I'll be caught up on my homework with this post! YAY.

Day 3's assignment was to take 2 outdoor shots: one at a narrow aperture, and one at a wide aperture. Here are mine:
Wider aperture (lower aperture number) => shallow depth of field
Narrower aperture (higher aperture number) => deeper depth of field

I'm going to share the first 2 photos on Touch-Up Tuesday to show how simply altering the aperture can achieve different depths of field

Day 4's assignment called for thinking carefully in advance about the composition of the shot to be taken - considering things such as the background, the angle of the shot, the lighting, the "mood" to be set. Here's what I came up with:


2 comments:

  1. love the colouring of the last shot. It's almost sepia but not quite :)
    Thanks so much for linking up with my linky party and adding it to your list! I really appreciate it. Hope you're having a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is nice. I'm learning from you :) we do have an SLR and we are using it like a point and shoot camera, what a pity! I do wanted to learn more about it but with my little one,I can barely have time to apply lotion on my skin what more sit down and tinker with SLR LOL

    I love the last picture!

    Spanish Pinay

    ReplyDelete

I apologize for comment moderation, but find it necessary in order to eliminate spam.

Thank you for your visit. I read every comment and value both your visit and your thoughts. Please stop by every Tuesday and share your favorite photos.