- For cutting the grass $5.00
- For cleaning up my room this week $1.00
- For going to the store for you $ .50
- Babysitting my kid brother while you went shopping $ .25
- Taking out the garbage $1.00
- For getting a good report card $5.00
- For cleaning up and raking the yard $2.00
- Total owed: $14.75
- For the nine months I carried you while you were growing inside me, No Charge.
- For all the nights that I’ve sat up with you, doctored and prayed for you, No Charge.
- For all the trying times, and all the tears that you’ve caused through the years, No Charge.
- When you add it all up, the cost of my love is No Charge.
- For all the nights that were filled with dread, and for the worries I knew were ahead, there’s No Charge.
- For the toys, food, clothes, and even wiping your nose, there’s No Charge, Son.
- And when you add it all up, the full cost of real love is No Charge.
And then he took the pen and in great big letters he wrote: ‘PAID IN FULL’.
– M. Adams